Are you a Google Docs user? Do you create PDFs of your content? Hope you like spyware.
When you create a PDF from Google Docs, all links in the document will be automatically changed – without notifying you – to include a Google tracking ID.
Now Google will undoubtedly feign ignorance, disable this at some point later in the future, & promise to never do it again….
- Just as Google did when they were caught stealing & aggregating the public’s Wifi passwords…
- Just as Google did after the Entertainment industry filed suit again them for turning a blind eye & allowing stolen IP to be posted to YouTube…
- Just as Google did after being caught indexing every student & teachers documents…
- Just as Google is doing now after being caught giving their properties preferential treatment in their search engine as a monopoly…
This is Google, folks.
- Security Now! #483 – 11-25-14
Link Tracking Warning!
This document was first authored in Google Docs, then Downloaded as a PDF. So, Google has thoughtfully (ha!) added “tracking” redirections to all of the links here. (I have no idea why, but that’s Google.) If that bothers you, simply copy the text of the link into your browser’s URL field.