Two days ago, Republicans in Congress voted to pass the American Healthcare Act – an insane piece of legislation that has only two purposes: Spite & power.
- Not a a single healthcare organization supports it.
- The House Oversight Committee never got the chance to study it and provide estimates on it’s impact.
- Not a single Democrat voted for it.
- AHCA effectively cuts healthcare from 24 million citizens – especially those with pre-existing conditions who desperately need it.
Documented here (https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/115-2017/h256) the inhumane suffering & loss of life over the next several years will be staggering. For an idea of the impact this will have, read this article:
- The Republicans who voted for this abomination must be held accountable
So what are you going to do about it?
I’ll make it simple for you:
Almost every Republican voted for the bill. If your Congressman is Republican, it’s likely he or she wanted to protect their own jobs & voted AGAINST the American people’s interests, believing you, their constituents, wouldn’t notice their actions when they run for reelection in 2018.
- AGAIN, ALMOST EVERY REPUBLICAN IN THE HOUSE VOTED TO PASS IT. (Click here for the House vote tally – the following Republicans did NOT vote for the AHCA)
- Biggs, Andy, AZ 5th
- Coffman, Mike, CO 6th
- Massie, Thomas, KY 4th
- LoBiondo, Frank, NJ 2nd
- Smith, Chris, NJ 4th
- Lance, Leonard, NJ 7th
- Katko, John, NY 24th
- Jones, Walter, NC 3rd
- Turner, Michael, OH 10th
- Joyce, David, OH 14th
- Costello, Ryan, PA 6th
- Meehan, Patrick, PA 7th
- Dent, Charles, PA 15th
- Hurd, Will, TX 23rd
- Comstock, Barbara, VA 10th
- Herrera Beutler, Jaime, WA 3rd
- Reichert, David, WA 8th
- Ros-Lehtinen, Ileana, FL 27th
- Donovan Jr., Daniel, NY 11th
- Fitzpatrick, Brian, PA 8th
- Newhouse, Dan, WA 4th
- YOUR CONGRESSMAN IS LISTED HERE.
(Figure out who your Congressman is, if you don’t know. If they were Republican, they voted against public interests. Click here to look them up.)
- GET REGISTERED TO VOTE.
(Prepare for the next Congressional election. Make your vote count. Click here to get registered.)
- VOTE & ENCOURAGE OTHERS. (November 2018 is the next Congressional election. Voting is the single most impactful action you can take. Click here to find out when & where the next election will be in your location.)