This is a list of reference links that I’m updating for my own personal reference.
- What does the coronavirus mean for the U.S. health care system? Some simple math offers alarming answers
- As the coronavirus spreads, a drug that once raised the world’s hopes is given a second shot
- The new coronavirus can likely remain airborne for some time. That doesn’t mean we’re doomed
- Lower death rate estimates for coronavirus, especially for non-elderly, provide glimmer of hope
- Who is getting sick, and how sick? A breakdown of coronavirus risk by demographic factors
- Scientists warn we may need to live with social distancing for a year or more
How to disinfect N95 Respirators for reuse:
(Assumption is that they will be unavailable for repurchase for a long time)
- AFRL-RX-TY-TP-2009-4594 A PANDEMIC INFLUENZA PREPAREDNESS STUDY : USE OF ENERGETIC METHODS TO DECONTAMINATE FILTERING FACEPIECE RESPIRATORS CONTAMINATED WITH H 1 N 1 AEROSOLS AND DROPLETS POSTPRINT ( Code 20 ) | Semantic Scholar
- Aerosol and surface stability of HCoV-19 (SARS-CoV-2) compared to SARS-CoV-1
- “Lost Sense of Smell May Be Peculiar Clue to Coronavirus Infection” – NY Times
- BLOOMBERG: “Newest Shortage in New York: The City Is Running Out of Dogs to Foster”
- PEOPLE: “Wisconsin Humane Society Finds Home for Every Animal up for Adoption”
- QUARTZ: The WHO has changed its position on coronavirus and pets
“Pets can be infected, but there’s no evidence they can spread the virus to humans.”
- WASHINGTON POST: Perspective | Smartphone data reveal which Americans are social distancing (and not)
“D.C. gets an ‘A’ while Wyoming earns an ‘F’ for following coronavirus stay-at-home advice, based on the locations of tens of millions of phones”
- SCIENCE DAILY: New surgical mask doesn’t just trap viruses, it renders them harmless:
Innovative improvement on surgical masks will make them effective by empowering them to kill viruses – ScienceDaily
- IHEARTINTELLIGENCE: Stanford researchers confirm N95 masks can be sterilized and reused with virtually no loss of filtration efficiency by leaving in oven for 30 mins at 70C / 158F
- NEWSWEEK: Even with the most conservative estimates, 7.5M people will simultaneously need both hospitalization & ventilators. At the high end, there are only 150,000 ventilators available in America… so 49 out of 50 people that need them in the 7.5M above… will die.
- Interesting view. How bad is the acceleration in your country? How long does it take to double the number of infections?
- Bill Gates: “It’s very tough to say to people ’Hey keep going to restaurants, go buy new houses, ignore that pile of bodies over in the corner, we want you to keep spending because there’s some politician that thinks GDP growth is what counts.'” – FOX News
- “NYU allows senior medical students to graduate early to help fight coronavirus” – CNN
- Coronavirus Stats
- Amazon and Microsoft join White House team to unleash high-performance computing on COVID-19. – Geekwire
- Microsoft’s guidance around responding to COVID-19. “Responding to COVID-19 together”
- This tool – CovidActNow – shows the potential infection curve for each state, when beds in that state could run out, and how the curve flattens with social-distancing actions. Click on your state. Share with others. Pressure your elected officials to act.
- Kentucky mayor’s blunt coronavirus message: ‘It’s a big f***ing deal’”
- Mayor Garcetti announces water and power will be shut off for nonessential L.A. businesses that don’t close
- “Open after coronavirus order, Irish pub faces ‘quarantine shaming'” – LA Times
- Observe this chart of nationwide unemployment claims as of Thursday. For those that can’t figure it out, we passed 2008’s unemployment in less than a month.
- Coronavirus and Dogs: Everything You Need to Know
- What’s the Evidence on Face Masks? What You Heard Was Probably Wrong