Here’s the problem with this device that you might not notice. It has a 2.5mm adapter which is fine if you have an old Motorola feature phone with those super-thin headset jacks. But if you have a modern smartphone like a Windows Phone 7 device, you likely have a 3.5mm adapter.
So not a big deal right? Just get an adapter and be done with it, right? Not so much. This is more than just a headset: It’s a headset with a microphone. So you need to get an adapter with microphone connectivity specifically for cellphones. Trust me – this is a little harder to find than you might think. Radio Shack doesn’t sell them near as I can tell for example, much less Best Buy.
Here it is, but be aware: It’s $9 + $3.95 shipping = $12.95.
(CAREFUL! You can easily select the wrong adapter. Look for Universal 2.5mm and 3.5mm then select the 3.5mm Male to 2.5mm Female Stereo Adapter which should be about 4 items down)
Old. School. Handset. For. Cell. Phone.
- 2.5mm jack will work with most phones (Motorola, LG, Samsung)
- Small button built-in to handset for answer/end
- Connection can also be made using a “hands free” type of adapter kit (not included)
- No batteries required
- Includes: handset and classic curly phone cord with connector
- Works with Blackberry (except Curve and some newer models with 3.5mm connectors)
- Does not work with RAZR or Nokia phones
- Works with iPhone (using Apple iPhone TTY Adapter, available from Apple)
- Now available in RED color
LINK: Retro Handset for Cell phone: