I couldn’t find anyone that talked about this on forums or in
There’s very little support for this device online I’ve discovered, and as everyone knows, Amazon is effing horrible when it comes to customer support. Even getting things returned takes knowing “where to go” because all routes intentionally lead to automated responses that usually lead to dead ends and are ultimately really frustrating.
PAIRING & UNPAIRING ECHO WALL CLOCK FROM YOUR ECHO DEVICE
I tried in vain to have my Echo Show disconnect and ultimately “forget” my Echo Wall Clock hoping that re-pairing the clock to my Echo would get it to synchronize the time with it so that it would accurately display the time.
- Holding the tiny blue button on the back will put it into pairing mode and flash Orange
- Tell your Echo to “Alexa, pair Echo Wall Clock”.)
No dice. Every time I did this, the device would pair – but it wouldn’t set the time on the clock.
GETTING THE ECHO WALL CLOCK TO “SYNCHRONIZE TIME”
I can’t believe how difficult this was but basically, I had to do a complete “factory reset” of the clock in order to have it accurately reflect the time.
This “factory reset” completely erases the wall clock’s memory and starts it again as if it had never been used before.
HOW TO FACTORY RESET THE ECHO WALL CLOCK
Buried in the tiny brochure that comes with the Echo Wall Clock are the instructions for doing a factory reset of the device. Only after I read this did I find an article on Amazon’s customer service page to accomplish this. This is the only way I could get the Echo Wall Clock’s time to be set accurately.
- Go to your Echo device and have it “forget” your wall clock. This is done on the Echo Show by swiping down from the top of the device, pressing SETTINGS, pressing BLUETOOTH, selecting the ECHO WALL CLOCK but pressing the (i) symbol and selecting FORGET THIS DEVICE.
- Go to the Echo Wall Clock and push the tiny blue button on the back FIVE TIMES and the device will start to flash blue.
- Go back to your Echo device and re-pair the Echo Wall Clock. Simply tell your Echo, “Alexa, pair Echo Wall Clock.”
While I still use the clock to keep time, I would not recommend this device for anyone with an Echo ecosystem. This is really poorly engineered and the device’s User Interface is terrible.