Fixing my Braun Syncro Shaver Razor Clean & Charge Stand (Model 7526)

image The stand for my Braun 7526 Syncro Shaver has been broken for a couple months now.

I can’t really complain:  I’ve had this shaver for years.  I’ve figured out it’s nuances and how to get the best shave out of it.  I’m quite pleased with the fact that it automatically cleans and charges itself too.

But now the charger base/stand is broken and it’s pissing me off.  Braun’s no fucking help either:  Their site is basically, “Go to one of our authorized service centers and get screwed by having to pay the same cost as the entire charger itself”.  Alright, maybe they didn’t say that last part but they might as well have.

Back to my problem.  It’s really annoying, and I’m not the only one that thinks so.  Apparently this is a common problem amongst owners.  I found one guy complaining about it on Metafilter:

I would have told him the answer by posting it to the discussion if Metafilter didn’t REQUIRE A 1 WEEK WAITING PERIOD to get an account.  F- you Metafilter:  If Yahoo, eBay, Microsoft, Google, and every other major company out there on the Internet can get my an authorized login in under 5 minutes, why can’t you?

ANSWER:
image http://buyitnow64.stores.yahoo.net/brsyclandchh.html

And I quote:

Does the arm on your Syncro Clean and Charge Stand not stay locked down?
This repair part will take care of the problem.
For use with all Braun SYNCRO Models 7000 series
The repair is quite simple, we provide instructions with pictures to assist you in the repair.

How sick is that?  An actual precise answer to the problem that I’ve been having.  And it’s only $12.95 for the replacement part – not $49 for an entirely new stand.  And while the money’s not really that big a deal, I feel quite good about having found exactly the right solution for my repair.

Advertisements

10 Responses to Fixing my Braun Syncro Shaver Razor Clean & Charge Stand (Model 7526)

1. Todd Alexander says:

Awesome! I\’ve been using a bread twister for months to lock down the arm. I was going to order a whole new stand until I saw this article. You saved me $36. Thanks!

2. jim G. says:

How about telling me where to purchase a new stand for the 8595? Mine was lost in shipping and need one. Thanks Jim G email jimbmore@gmx.de amny thanks

3. Dan says:

I have an even cheaper solution; basically free. All you need to do is get a 5″ piece of coathanger wire, (or you can use welding rod, anything) and a small drill bit just the same diameter of the wire.

1)unplug the stand from the power outlet
    2)Put the shaver in the stand and press down the top button, you can use duct tape to hold it down while you work
    3) Use the drill bit to drill a hole 1/2 up the tower side from the base, I drilled mine on the side over the roundy part
    NOTE: Drill VERY carefully, you just want to get through the two overlapping layers of plastic, no need to go all the way through the ‘tower’. In fact there are probably wires in there so just drill carefully – I even used my fingers to drill with

4) Bend a loop in one end of the wire (for grip)
    5) stick the wire into the hole you drilled and voila ! it will hold the top down. Just pull on the wire loop and it will pop up. Press it down again and stick the wire in the hole and it stays down.

I can take a pic if that would help, it says a thousand words…

• ahackercalled4chan says:

please post a pic (or a few, the hole you drilled & the loop in the wire especially). mine just crapped out and i’m looking to fix it

• kurtsh says:

Sorry ahacker… this was so long ago, I’ve since dumped the unit. (rather recently too! Unfortunate timing.) Sorry I can’t be of more help.

• labattomy says:

Sorry I tossed that shaver a while ago but it is really simple as the shaft you press down is hollow. You are just going to use the wire as a pin to hold the shaft down

Here is a simple drawing I made that might help?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone >

4. Dan says:

I have a series 3 with a cleaner/charger. It seems the cleaner will not drain quickly enough anymore so the fluid overfills and runs on to the counter. I am looking for directions to take this apart and clean it so that it will drain properly again – keeping me from having to replace it

5. John says:

kurtsh – where do i find the fix you mention? I can only see the following on your blog…

“Does the arm on your Syncro Clean and Charge Stand not stay locked down? ”
    This repair part will take care of the problem.
    For use with all Braun SYNCRO Models 7000 series