I was prepared to write something simple… something about why our "walking away" was the right move to make and that while I was still disappointed that an agreement couldn’t be made, I was proud that our leadership didn’t do anything stupid like up our offer anything ridiculous. And I was also ready to respond to certain two-bit Northern California hacks in the media announcing how "Microsoft failed" and "Yahoo won" etc. Ahem.
Then the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and Bloomberg chimed in, among others, and… well… pretty much did the typing for me.
- Battered Yahoo Admits It Overplayed Hand; Open To New Microsoft Talks
- Yahoo Holders Turn Up Heat After Microsoft Deal Talks Fail
- How Yahoo (YHOO) Blew The Microsoft (MSFT) Deal, Part 1
- Yahoo board may face shareholder mutiny at annual meeting
- Is Yahoo’s Yang toast?
- Yahoo feels wrath of Wall Street
- Report: Microsoft Meeting with Time Warner Regarding AOL
- Seven analysts downgrade Yahoo stock
- Is Yang Still In Control At Yahoo?
- Yahoo’s Yang Says He’ll Listen as Investors Urge Sale
- Yahoo’s two largest institutional investors $1 apart from Microsoft’s offer